Manage Pre-Installed or Store-Downloaded Apps
ArborXR does not currently have a separate flow for “managed” apps vs pre-installed or store-downloaded apps. Therefore, the process to add pre-installed or store-downloaded apps to the multi-app launcher, or to set them as the kiosk app, is a bit of a workaround.
- Create an app entry within your content library for each native app you would like to add to our launcher
- Add launcher images if desired
- Once you have created entries for each of the store apps you would like to add to the multi-app launcher, email email@example.com with the following info:
- The names of those apps in your content library (i.e. the names you gave them while creating the app entry within your content library)
- The Android package names of those store apps
- Once someone from our support team receives the above info, we will go into our system and associate the correct package name to those app entries
- At that point you will be able to assign those app entries to your device group(s) or ungrouped devices and add them to the "allow list" for either the multi-app launcher or kiosk, just like you would with a managed app.
- Note: ArborXR will show that these apps require an .apk to be uploaded. You can ignore this warning since you do not have access to the .apk.