Add Pre-Installed or Store-Downloaded Apps to Kiosk Mode or ArborXR Home
ArborXR does not currently have a separate flow for “managed” apps vs pre-installed or store-downloaded apps. Therefore, the process to add pre-installed or store-downloaded apps to ArborXR Home, or to designate one as the kiosk app, is a workaround.
- Create an app entry within your content library for each pre-installed or store-downloaded app you would like to add to ArborXR Home or designate as the kiosk app.
- Add a description and launcher image if desired.
- Once you have created entries for each of the pre-installed or store-downloaded apps you would like to add to ArborXR Home or designate as the kiosk app, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info:
- The names of those apps in your content library (i.e. the names you gave them while creating the app entry within your content library).
- The Android package names of the pre-installed or store-downloaded apps.
Please reference this spreadsheet for a list of popular store downloaded apps and their corresponding package names. If the app and package name is not listed, please reference this knowledge base article for information on how to identify the Android package names.
- Once someone from our support team receives the information above, we will go into our system and associate the correct package name to those app entries.
- Once the package names are associated to the app entries, you will then be able to assign those app entries to your device group(s) or ungrouped devices and add them to the "allow list" for either ArborXR Home or Kiosk Mode, just like you would with a managed app.
- Note: ArborXR will continue to show App upload required beneath these apps. You can ignore this message since you do not have the .apk file.